Good Morning Sunshine

There are not many do-overs in life, but there are fresh starts. Some are chosen and filled with great excitement while others are just another step in the path the Lord has laid in front of us. Some have said that doing the Will of God is just doing the next thing.

Although this blog is really for me, I trust as I move through transition into Chapter Four of my life, you will ride this roller-coaster with me as a friend and companion and hopefully, we will all grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, September 21, 2026

A Rose is a Rose is a Rose

Some may say all Roses are the same, but in Bulgaria, they would say that is not so. Not all roses have a strong scent and not all roses produce oils.

For centuries, the Rose Valley has been a rose-growing area of great importance. The rose oil produced from the special variety Rosa Damascena was used for women’s beauty products and perfumes. Today, the rose is one of the symbols of Bulgaria and attracts visitors from all over the world, especially from Japan where the rose is also culturally important.

Today we were on a mission to find this famous rose store called The Bulgarian Rose. She explained how special this rose was and why it only grows in Bulgaria. I wish I would have recorded her as it was so interesting.

Needless to say we bought some rose products to bring home.














No comments: